Can I use my ecama (resident card) to return to Jordan?

by Criz

Someone told that I can still use my ecama (ikama) or resident card. I'm going back to Jordan and I want to make sure it's still okey.

It's not yet expired and not cancelled. But my work there has finished. I'm here in Dubai as a visitor and I decided to go back to Jordan. But I dont have a visa just the resident card.

Please note that this is NOT an official reply. Since I am just another foreigner living here in Jordan, there is no way I can guarrantee you anything. You have to contact official Jordanian sources (consulate, for example) for an exact and legitimate answer.

My personal opinion is that it should be OK to come back to Jordan with your still valid residence card and passport.

Unless your ex-employer reported to the authorities that your job had finished, they shouldn't be aware of it and nor should they care.

But again, I can not emphasize enough: seek confirmation from Jordanian officials - especially if you are not entitled to obtain Jordanian visa upon arrival at the airport because of your nationality.

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Question.

Tailor-Made Private Tours In Jordan

Want to see more of Jordan than an average tourist does? Hire an experienced tour guide with a car who can take you where no tourist buses go!

Click here to get a quote

Organized Tours in Jordan

Darna Village Aqaba Dive Hotel

book a taxi in jordan

Amman Pasha Hotel



Get monthly site updates, news, stories and special offers delivered to your mailbox. Subscribe to the free Jordan Insider!




Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Aqaba Insider.