Taba to Aqaba Fast Ferry
Aqaba-Taba Ferry Information.
Timetables. Ticket information.
Last updated on 1 Oct 2012.
Update: As the Taba Marina re-opened at the end of September 2012, the fast boat running from Taba to Aqaba is back in service!
The new shcedules and ticket information are coming soon. Stay tuned!
(The information below is outdated, don not rely on it.)
If you decided to have your Red Sea holidays in Sinai, you can get from Taba to Aqaba by Sindbad XPRESS, a fast ferry service operated by
It runs between Taba Heights Marina and Tala Bay Marina in Aqaba.
SINDBAD Contact Details
Zuhair Basha Building, 3rd Floor
(Look for HUMAM Supermarket on Al-Batra street, not far from the Post Office, and you will find their office building in the street behind HUMAM.)
Tel: 00962 3 205 0077
Fax: 00962 3 205 0008
Mobiles: 00962 79 555 6076 or 00962 79 554 5646 or 00962 79 554 4894
Postal address: PO Box 111, 77110 Aqaba, Jordan
Buying Your Ticket in Egypt
Most travel agencies in Taba sell tickets to the ferry but if you don't have any preferred travel agent then we recommend ProTours Travel.
Wekala Shopping Center, Taba
Tel: 0020 069 358 0076
Fax: 0020 069 358 0075
Ferry Timetables and Ticket Information
The journey with the fast boat or ferry between Taba and Aqaba takes cca. 25 to 75 minutes.
- From Taba Heights Marina to Aqaba, Tala Bay Marina: between 7.00h and 7.30h in the morning
- From Aqaba Tala Bay Marina to Taba Heights: between 19.00h and 19.30h in the evening
- There is only Round Ticket available at the price of 75 USD per person for individuals and groups up to 15 passengers.
- Passengers are obliged to return through this route within 6 days.
- Children aged 2-12 get 40% discount.
- Children under 2 travel free.
- There are discounted prices for groups over 16 persons. For details please contact Sindbad.
- Ticket prices include 1 soft drink served aboard.
Good To Know
These prices do not include departure taxes (8 JD in Jordan and 50 LE in Egypt) and Marina fees (5 USD in Tala Bay Aqaba and 25 USD in Taba if you are not staying in Taba Heights).
You can pay for the ticket on the boat BUT you have to make reservation by phone 24 hours before! It is good idea to call Sindbad anyaway to get the departure times confirmed.
Delays happen due to bad weather or if the port is too busy.
Have You Tried The Aqaba-Taba Ferry?
Share your experiences!
Please tell us...
- when did you take the ferry?
- which way did you travel?
- where did you buy the ticket?
- if it was easy to get the ticket and info or not.
- how was the ride?
- was the ferry on time?
- about the border/customs procedures.
Plus any interesting, funny or annoying details that might be useful for other travelers to know.
Read Other Travelers' Stories About the Aqaba-Taba Ferry
Click below to read real stories from other passengers.
Aqaba-Taba Ferry Information
I am planning to come in Jordan this summer and I want to travel from Aqaba to Taba with the ferry (the fast one if possible) :)
However, I understand …
One-Way Ride Forbidden?
(Submitted on 11 July 2010)
I wrote to Sindbad Xpress ferries and actually got a response! They told me to contact ProTours Travel in Taba to make …
I recommend Excel Travel in Taba
Excel Travel is the name of the agency that helped me arrange my ferry trip from Taba to Aqaba in 2009 as an individual, after screw-ups from several …
Click here to write your own.
Related Posts, Websites