Travel in Jordan and on to Egypt via Israel

by Sam

Is there a bus from Amman to Petra? Also is it possible to cross into Israel and on to Egypt from Aqaba?

Yes, you can find info about buses to Petra on this website.

Travelling to Egypt from Aqaba overland is also possible.

You take a taxi from Aqaba to the Eilat border (cca. 7 JD), pay Jordanian exit tax (8 JD) and after getting your passport stamped you have to walk about 200 meters to the Israeli checkpoint.

Between the two Israeli border stations - Aqaba (Jordan) and Taba (Egypt) - you will have to use taxis or maybe there is a public bus too, I'm not sure.

Upon leaving Israel you will have to pay exit tax of 98 NIS.

You will need a visa to enter Egypt (Sinai Visa or Egyptian Visa) that you can obtain at the Egyptian Consulate in Aqaba or at the border.

Here are two useful web pages with lots of good information about these two Israeli border stations:

Aqaba-Eilat Border

Eilat-Taba Border

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Question.

Tailor-Made Private Tours In Jordan

Want to see more of Jordan than an average tourist does? Hire an experienced tour guide with a car who can take you where no tourist buses go!

Click here to get a quote

Organized Tours in Jordan

Darna Village Aqaba Dive Hotel

book a taxi in jordan

Amman Pasha Hotel



Get monthly site updates, news, stories and special offers delivered to your mailbox. Subscribe to the free Jordan Insider!




Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Aqaba Insider.